This competition is now closed. Thank you for all the fabulous entries!
To celebrate the publication of her book - My Animals and Other Family - on September 13th, Clare is teaming up with Penguin Books to launch a special competition centred around you and your favourite pets.
Inspired by the childhood anecdotes Clare tells in the book, she would like you to send in your pictures, stories and poems about the pets that have touched you most throughout your life. You will receive copies of My Animals and Other Family, and one lucky winner will join Clare for tea at The Ritz, where they will get the chance to talk all things animals with the lady herself, and be presented with a personalised copy of the book.
To enter, go to www.facebook.com/clarebaldingofficial
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING THE COMPETITION
1. No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
2. This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 13th September 2012. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter, email your pet-related photo/story/poem/memory to email@example.com. Entries submitted electronically must be in JPG or GIF form and less than 2MB in size.
6. All correctly completed entries will be forwarded to a judging panel made up of Clare Balding. The winner will be the entry that in the opinion of the judge is her favourite.
7. The prize for the winner is afternoon Tea for the winner and a friend with Clare Balding at The Ritz, London. The date and time of the tea will be arranged with the winners once the competition has ended. Please note travel costs within the mainland UK will be reimbursed with up to £40 per person. Proof of transport costs must be provided for reimbursement.
8. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
10. The winner will be notified via email or post by 4th October 2012. The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
11. By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant (or their parent/guardian on their behalf) grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant (or their parent/guardian on their behalf) undertakes to complete any necessary documentation to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials to us.
12. To obtain details of the winner please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the competition in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
13. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
14. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this Promotion is submitted to the Promoter and not Facebook and you agree that Facebook shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this Promotion.
15. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
16. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoter is Penguin Books, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
18. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
This competition is run on behalf of Clare Balding by Penguin. Any data you submit will only be used for this competition. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.Add a Comment